There are many things that can happen and will happen every day that we are alive. Some of those are things we bring upon ourselves and some just happen because its a part of life. I believe that no matter how things happen, the one commonality is that all these events teach us a lesson.
I love taking time to self-reflect on my life: my challenges, my successes, my beliefs, my friends, my current situation and my future. Self-reflection can either be fun or painful or sometimes a combination of both, but it is always informative. In order for me to get the most out of me, I have to look at my entire life up to this point so I can make sure I don’t repeat some of the errors of my past.
During my self-reflection moments, I have learned that:
- Prayer is a must;
- Forgiveness is essential (especially of my own things);
- Positivity only increases when I surround myself with positive people;
- Personal growth is possible only when I challenge myself to get better;
- My happiness is my responsibility, and I cannot put it in the hands of others;
- I do not have to take part in others’ mess or dysfunction;
- I must give back;
- I must honor my body;
- I give myself permission to feel and experience all my emotions;
- I must always come from a place of love and that starts with loving me;
- All things are lessons that God would have me learn; and
- I am destined for greatness.
What I know for sure is that life will give you what you give it. I love my journey at this moment and the fact that I am still learning. I am HAPPY about LIFE!
Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy! ~Robert Tew
Please share some of your life lessons!!